What would YOU do with this thing?

I agree! We have a big open fire and I bought a freestanding grill thingy recently. Great fun, we had bit of a party with an indoor barbecue in February! I've got a couple of old cast iron pots too. I am eagerly awaiting the next batch of power cuts, much more fun than a camping gas hob :-)

If Bob didn't like the look of it all the time, cos let's face it it's not really a beautiful object is it, he could make some sort of a stand and use it with charcoal from time to time....

Holly

Reply to
Holly, in France

cool barbecues!!! What do you grill? Ice cream?

Reply to
dennis

Once you have the PSU for them you may as well fit a motherboard, disk, etc. and make it into a mce PC.

Reply to
dennis

hat I'd have to use charcoal kinda puts me off. I think the original installation was subject to bit of misplaced logic when you consider the climate here. There is a chimney above the grill, as well as a big vent fan. The fan is meant to blow the smoke into the main fireplace chimney, but when we moved in it was stuffed with fibreglass insulation. There is no flue on the grill side, so in winter, frigid air would come bombing down the chimney and into the livingroom trhough the fan. Yes, there are solutions, but I guess I like the idea of livingroom BBQs more than the actual act.

Reply to
bob

Cool as in phat innit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think I agree with this opinion or at the very least reuse it as an outdoor bbq.

Reply to
Dwayne & Angela

In message , bob writes

Charcoal is more authentic though. You could just put a suitable shuttering device or plug in the chimney when it wasn't being used in winter.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

Bob wouldn't HAVE to use charcoal anyway, if it's the charcoal specifically that puts him off, but I suspect it isn't that bur the whole chimney/fan issue. It's easy enough to barbecue over wood once the flames have died down a bit, I quite often do that. If I were Bob I would use the main chimney as an open fire and leave the barbecue in situ, but then I have a free endless supply of timber and love open fires and he probably doesn't. Horses for courses etc.

How about taking it out and using it as fish/meat smoker instead?

Holly

Reply to
Holly, in France