What would I use to fix this?

I'm not even sure what to call this. It's a 2' high wall thingy in my back garden. A couple of the pillars have come loose and the top bit has come off.

You can see a photo here:

pillars and the top bit are in good order, they just need "sticking" back together.

My question is, what would I fix this with? Just cement or is there something a bit more specific I should use?

Does the residue of the previous fixing material need hacked off first?

Any advice gratefully received.

- Robin

Reply to
Robin

It's called a balustrade - see

clean off the old mortar, and re-assemble using new mortar.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Car body filler. Done it many times. Make sure the surfaces are clean and dust free though.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

ALMOST the same, but epoxy 'mortar' is slightly cheaper and a slightly better color.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher