what type of system do I have?

I need to replace a radiator, and will read all the FAQs, but I do not know what type of system I have - sealed or other.

I have a Vaillant ecomax combi which has a pressure gauge, and lots of whistles, bells and flashing lights. Although there is a header tank in the loft, all pipes to it have been disconnected. Does this mean I have a sealed system?

TIA

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

If you don't have a (connected) header tank, and have a pressure gauge, it would be a sealed system.

You should also have a filling loop somewhere, usually near the boiler, where you can increase the pressure of the system.

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

(These) Vaillant boilers have internal filling loops operated by screw-head-slotted valves accessed from below and immediately left and right of the return pipe coupling.

See Bottom FAQ. HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett