what type of pipe is this?

Hi folks,

I am going to be replacing my kitchen soon and am at the planning stage at the moment. I have under my kitchen sink the main water supply and stopcock for the house, this branches off and goes to all of the important places where water is required. The pipe in question is black and feels like thick plastic, I think it is 22mm but have not measured it (yet). The pipe directly feeds my sink taps and has (what looks like) standard compression fittings on it that T off for washing machine / dish washer connectors. I need to know what type of pipe this is and if i require special inserts etc for the compression fittings... (I know that i could remove the ones i have and look but I would rather not disturb anything for now).

I have spoken to a plumber that i vaguely know and he said that it sounded like (he hasn't seen it) 'Acorn' pipe... i have never heard of that and googling for it didnt bring up any obvious answers.

All help and advice much appreciated.

Cuprager

In message , Cuprager writes

It sounds like old '1/2 inch' black alkathene pipe, which is/was 21.5 mm OD.

As it happens there has been a recent thread relating to this

Where Andy Wade points out a potentially useful previous thread:

Reply to
chris French

Thanks Chris, I had not spotted that!

Reply to