What type of paint to use for the inside walls of new conservatory

Hi

I have just had a lean to type conservatory built in my house (100 year old Terrace).

I want to paint the inside walls as at the moment they are plain brick. There is two walls which are the full height of the conservatory which are part of my house. Both these were outside walls but now form the inside walls of the conservatory, and there is one dwarf wall.

What type of paint should I be using. THe walls are theoretically internal as they are no longer exposed to the elements, so can I used ordinary matt emulsion (which I have lots of) or should I still be using exterior masonary paint. Note I will only be painting the inside of the dwarf wall. I will only be painting the inside portion of the two main walls (i.e the ipart that is inside the conservatory).

Thanks

Bhupesh

Reply to
bp

start with emulsion? - if you get any damp patches developing over coming months then youmay need to switch to masonry paint or take further advice....

hope it helps

Jim

Reply to
jim

I'm using Aldi's cheap white external masonry (over breezeblocks) inside the workshop. I don't care too much about weather resistance, but at least I know that it won't mind an alkaline substrate.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

pH?? - what's the pH of new plaster?

Reply to