What tool do I need to open a Dyson DC05??

I have a DC05 vacuum cleaner with a few minor promlems which I am sure could easily be fixed if I could open it up. The problem is that the fasteners (presumably screw heads) are recessed so deeply in the plastic mouldings that I cannot reach them with any tools to find out whether I have the right one. Has anyone on this ng ever successfully serviced a DC05 to know what tool is needed so I could buy one.

Thanks in advance

Steve Harvey

steveharvey at dsl dot pipex dot com

Reply to
Steve Harvey

You've tried a 7lb hammer?

Reply to
Set Square

They'll be Torx, but I don't know what size. Try sticking a bit of plasticene on the end of a bit of wire (twist the end up so the plasticene has a good grip) and press it gently against the fastener, then check the impression that is left.

Reply to
Rob Morley

good idea.....thanks

Reply to
Steve Harvey

In message , Steve Harvey writes

Angle grinders usually work

Reply to
raden

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:25:27 -0000, "Steve Harvey" strung together this:

Without even looking at the answers I'll bet there's at least one that says something about a hammer and chisel. The correct tool would be a T5 torx.

Reply to
Lurch

You need a Torx driver and _not_ just a screwdriver with a hex bit set.

Reply to
Andy Dingley