What to do with you junk mail

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@ovtsbbg.pbz wrote:

TPS is acting under an EU Directive implemented into UK law. FPS is a waste of time since under that same EU Directive, uncolicited commercial faxes to domestic phone lines are just illegal full stop. All you are doing registering with the fps is publishing your fax number pointlessly.
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:46:40 +0100, 666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) wrote:

It would be interesting to know if any company has actually been prosecuted. I have asked them in emails but they never reply.
snipped-for-privacy@freeserve.co.uk wrote:

Any prosecutions would be conducted not by the TPS, but by the enforcement authority - the Information Commissioner. I believe there have been two prosecutions.

snipped-for-privacy@ovtsbbg.pbz wrote:

Heh, we registered with TPS recently and yesterday, two months post implementation we got a call from some double glazing company. My wife took it, coolly informed them they were acting illegally, took their name and that of the company they were working for. Apparently the other person slammed the phone down after imparting this info. A complaint will follow to TPS. This is soooo satisfying!
We thought about MPS but I don't find that as intrusive as the phone and we have fun sending them each other's junk mail in the reply paid envelopes. All reference to us removed of course. I don't have any spare bricks lying around.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
Peter Ashby wrote:

Don't forget to let us know the outcome!

Yes.
parish wrote:

Not much, based on my previous complaints to the TPS. I just got a letter to say they'd received my complaint, and gave my another blank form for next time. I'd reported it via their web site, anyway.
While you've got them talking, don't forget to get the company name, and preferably address and 'phone number. The oiks who call me always claim not to know their employer's address or number because they've "only been working here a few days."
Edwin Bath.

I suspect it isn't worth their while to get heavy with individual complaints. If I was them I would collate complaints and have a threshold, which would decrease upon consistent bad behaviour.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:19:34 +0100, Peter Ashby

Just a guess, Bowater-Zenith? ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

I'm not sure how you can criticise all the content of TV if you don't have a set?
--
*Prepositions are not words to end sentences with *

You should thank God that you've only got 4 (5 now?) national channels there...
Here in Turkey there are at least 20 - all with commercials...
We have a TV card in the PC which is set to receive 2 or 3 channels... That died recently and I haven't got the time (or inclination!) to fix it! (Too busy trying to 'Destroy It Yourself' the rest of the house...)
On 5 Sep 2003 06:07:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Abdullah Eyles) wrote:

I would, but I don't find myself able to gather enough compelling evidence - and I am not about to start talking to myself, even for a "thank you, just in case"! ;O)

OoooWwHhh! sounds grizzly.

I can understand that! ;O)

Hmm. that and the "domestic" news server here! (it was only way to mend my ISPs truly appalling attempts at running NNTP!) So now I do my own mail, web and news, I have yet to set up my own DNS but that would seem a good move next - I thought I paid them for all this but sadly it seems I won't get it reliably from them. Sorry for mini rant, and for being a bit less than my cheerful self the last week or three, I guess I'm feeling a bit harassed by all that old trousers! ;O) (also the weather has put paid to me laminate floor laying intentions as the humidity has been through the roof, and not come back down for a whole 2 weeks yet. A very frustrating time indeed lately!
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Bet his postman loves him. That would be a truckload of mail each week.
--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Paper logs need other fuel, wood, coal, charcoal to burn to completion, so it would not be for free. They are also a PITA to make and the sort of glossy paper you get in many fliers would not work well and lots of burning of those heavy metal containing inks would not be a good idea.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
Malcolm Stewart wrote:

Print them out then.... :)
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

Very boring: I have printed sheets of labels saying "Return to Sender. Please take me off your mailing list". I stick one over my name & address (they're nearly always window envelopes) and post the mail back. Seems to work.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Malcolm Stewart wrote:

But it does, you just have to print them out first silly. ;o)
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:07:20 UTC, "Malcolm Stewart"

It does...you just have to remember to print them out (24 point works better). :-)
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk