What to do with surplus Marmox?

I have 11 sheets of 6mm marmox in my shed, left over from the bathroom (some areas planned for 6mm ended up being done with 20mm). I'm trying to clear out space in the shed. Any cunning suggestions for what to do with the marmox? Either using it or disposing of it - I don't want to just chuck it, and if I dispose of it I'd want to get some value back in some form. I'm not planning any more building works that would need it conventionally, and I originally bought it some time ago from a box-shifting website that's not going to be interested in having it back.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Pete Verdon wibbled on Friday 04 December 2009 11:32

ebay with a "buyer collects" - problem is you get a limited length posting and it costs. On the plus, the sheets aren't too big so many cars could manage it which helps.

Or an ad in one of the "Friday Papers".

Where abouts are you?

Reply to
Tim W

Southampton.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

eBay, buyer collects

Freecycle website (this makes _anything_ go away!)

Local paper ad

If you're anywhere near the Severn bridge, I'll be round Saturday 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Damn, move closer to Cumbria! :-) R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Pete Verdon wibbled on Friday 04 December 2009 11:44

You won't have any trouble being in/near a town that size. I'd take a risk and ebay it first as an open bid auction. Be sure to include at least 2 photos, showing the condition of the boxes and of a couple of sheets - that gives people a warm and fuzzy feeling if they think they've seen what they are getting.

I'd expect to recoup at least half your outlay.

Add some links to marmox.co.uk, directly to the product pages and the specification pages.

HTH

Reply to
Tim W

Hmm, was in Southampton on Tuesday (from London) ... please don't tell me this might make a good way to easily make a ceiling in a workshop / garage or line a pitched workshop roof ... (seeing it's properties contain 'waterproof' and 'insulating'). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Would cost about =A3110 delivered. As a guide someone is selling a clone of Marmox in "Seconds" grade... 10 sheets of 10mm in a cardboard box, going for =A330 plus =A39 delivery.

If it is boxed, Ebay it, will get you a spare 12-14.4-18V cordless battery :-)

It has higher compressive strength than PIR insulation so ships ok. Obviously it can be used for floors. Likewise it is gaining favour for solid walls to "tank" them before putting PIR on top, avoiding wasting space on batons and avoiding the risk that the dew point moves into the void created by batons.

Reply to
js.b1

Ad Trader online or Gumtree online in your area section ..I think both are free or very cheap.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

The 6mm version might be a bit fragile for a self-supporting ceiling, but lining the roof would fine I'd have thought. I've contemplated adding it to the insulation in my own workshop just to use it up, but can't really be arsed - too many other projects taking my time.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

Good, I'm glad it's not suitable now I'm not in Southampton. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m