What time is it?

I forgot to wind my watch on so I thought it was 2 o'clock. Actually it was 3 o'clock. But why does my PC say it is 16:07 now, and also the BBC site says a little after four. The speaking clock has someone called Fern saying 3.07 pm.

is this going to get put right before tomorrow?

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

You were obviously abducted by aliens and are now unable to account for an hour. Check all over yourself for evidence of probing.

Reply to
Onetap

Looks like your PC is an hour ahead of itself, and has advanced its clock by *two* hours rather than one.

Did you advance it by one hour yourself? If so - if it's running Windoze

- it will have done an hour automatically, accounting for the two hour advance.

Otherwise, is it a dual boot system, and have you booted both OS's today? If so, each one will have advanced the clock by an hour - explaining the two hour change.

Dunno about the BBC. Which page were you looking at? That may well simply display your computer's system time rather than the *real* time.

Reply to
Roger Mills

has in the top left corner an analogue clock just like the one that used to tick up to the hour on the nine o'clock news. It looks like the real thing telling the real time but it is a sad and shallow sham - all it does is read the time off your own computer and then show it back to you apparently confirming that your PC's time is dead right but actually just a con. Really! you would think the BBC could use their own clock ffs.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

surely windoze has some sort of NTP client and some sort of timezone in it? All I Know is that the clocks I CAN rely on are on the Linux and Mac machines. (there are no windows machines in actual form left: only a virtual one).

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes but I think it's off by default and it's nota simple click this tick box to turn it on. At least in the versions of windows I've had to play with.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Last year the gf's dad put the clocks forward before going to bed. He has never done this in 40 years of marriage, his wife has always done it. Unfortunately she had already put the clocks forward before she went to bed.

Now on a Sunday he goes to the pub at 12 o clock and comes home at 4. He went out at at 11 and got hammered with the extra hours drinking.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

and you think he doesn't know what the time really is? :-)

Reply to
Martin

TBH the gf and I both believe he is showing signs of dementia but no one will do anything about it (ie his wife).

Or can the gf go and see his GP about it?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Dunno but don't hang around.

Reply to
brass monkey

Can't see why not but the GP probably can't do a lot without his precense but a query can be added to Dads notes for the next time he visits for something else. Ideally nothing should be brushed under carpet but raising such a subject and having a sensible discussion about it will be anything but easy.

Both my parents are dead, a stroke (out of the blue) got me Mum and old age (96) got me Dad. So I'm lucky not to have had to deal with dementia.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice