What Smells Like Hamsters?

Hi all

I have noticed a few times that our downstairs loo occasionally smells like a hamsters cage! I refurbished it during the year and this is not a serious issue but it is intriguing! All walls are plain and painted with wipe clean emulsion. The cistern is boxed in, but I have checked behind the boxing and around the flush pipe/waste from the pan and there are no signs of leaks.

So can anyone suggest a source for a smell in a bog that is similar to a (cleanish) hamster cage? I have never seen a rodent in the place let alone a hamster.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

If it smells like a clean hamster's cage is it your pine fresh toilet cleaner? If it smells fishy then it's often a degrading light fitting. It's only on here that I found the source of that problem!

Reply to
adder1969

In message , TheScullster writes

Menfolk missing and not wiping?

Reply to
Si

Does your father smell of elderberries?

I f*rt in your general direction etc., etc.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

"adder1969" wrote

If it smells like a clean hamster's cage is it your pine fresh toilet cleaner? If it smells fishy then it's often a degrading light fitting. It's only on here that I found the source of that problem!

That could be a good call! Not sure why pine fresh cleaner would smell of hamster.... But the smell does seem to maybe coincide with known cleaning activity. Yes I have heard about the fishy electrics but not experienced this.

Thanks adder I'll watch for cleaning activity.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

"Si" wrote

Having a young son, I already know that smell! Thanks anyway

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Pine sawdust maybe?

Reply to
mogga

WOMEN folk missing, not wiping.

Examine the UNDER side of the loo seat, at the front.

You will be unpleasantly surprised...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think that they should be made to stand up and learn to aim. We have to after all.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Surely we choose to as it's more convenient and results in shorter queues at theatre intervals. The solution would be the SheWee as previously mentioned - "For your convenience please order your interval drinks & SheWee at the Bar - Thank-you).

Reply to
Si