What size MCB?

I'm going to install the grundfos UPA 15-90 Home Booster pump to hel

the supply of hot water to the kitchen sink which very slow. I wa going to connect the pump directly to the circuit breaker panel but wa wondering what size MCB should I install?

Any other advice about the installation greatly appreciated

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

How many amps does it say it needs? Do the instructions suggest a certain size supply?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:22:47 +0000 someone who may be Fatboise wrote this:-

Read the instructions that presumably come with it. They should tell you what size of protective device to use.

If it doesn't have instructions with it look up the manufacturer's web site, where you should find the information.

Reply to
David Hansen

the smallest. If you've bought a pump that takes more you're going to get blasted off your feet when you turn the tap on :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I'd use a 3A, if the instructions were silent on the issue. 6A would probably also be fine, and more commonly found. However, trawl the instructions first.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

at a loss as to where the pump should go (see previous post last week I'm worried as the cylinder feeds 2xshowers with pumps attached and believe that the booster pump will not work with the exisitng ahowe pumps?

-- alexbartman

Reply to
alexbartman

How about using a 3 amp fused spur from the x amp MCB and then you also have double pole switching?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You could. However, given it is on its own circuit, a properly rated MCB and a DP switch would provide both DP switching and discrimination of protective devices.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

If you can get a 3 amp MCB (some CU's do not have them) then that would be fine. But the double pole isolation really should be used on this installation and had not been mentioned before.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth