What's this Strip Called?

Hi all

Can anyone put a name to some strip I found in the kitchen loft? It was supporting some soil pipe used as vent duct. The sample I have is about 9mm x 2mm section, plastic coated metal. The metal has 5mm holes punched in at 7.5mm centres along the length of the strip.

This is seriously useful stuff for pipe/duct support IMO.

Please - what is it called and where purchased?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

============================ Very similar and maybe stronger than what you describe:

Cicero

Something like this?

(Search for product 38619 if the link doesn't work)

Reply to
John Armstrong

"John Armstrong" wrote

The stuff I have is much lighter and plastic coated. Nicer to handle and won't chafe on the supported item. - thanks anyway.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I think you are referring to a product called "All Round Band" see

for an example. I used to use it a few years ago in the data & electrical wiring industry, it came in a variety of colours and made identifying cable runs easier in ceiling voids. I believe it can be bought at most good 'fixing trade places', never seen it in a shed but then again I have never lookeed for it either!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I think you are referring to a product called "All Round Band" see

for an example. I used to use it a few years ago in the data & electrical wiring industry, it came in a variety of colours and made identifying cable runs easier in ceiling voids. I believe it can be bought at most good 'fixing trade places', never seen it in a shed but then again I have never looked for it either!

HTH

John

PS Sorry if this appears twice, it doesn't seem to have posted the first time!

Reply to
John

"John"wrote

Thanks John That's not quite what I am looking at (don't have digey camera for pic unfort). I also have some of the banding you describe, but the stuff I am looking for is lighter - effectively it is 8mm x 1mm steel strip puched with a series of holes then covered with plastic (so you only see the holes when you hold it up to the light). It is just the right "gauge" for supporting thin walled ventilation duct.

I'm not sure which is more frustrating, not knowing what materials are best for a certain task, or knowing exactly what you want and not being able to find it!

I'll try the electrical wholesalers next

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I picked up a roll of black plastic coated "All Round PATENTBAND" from the electrical wholesalers.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth