What's this plumbing component?

Hi All

This is fitted in a communal block of flats. Is it some sort of differential bypass valve? Web link to photo follows:-

for any help - Lightingman

Reply to
LightingMan

Dave Plowman (News)

What makes you think its a plubing coponent? looks like a Gas fitting to me?

Reply to
George

Good point

It could be a gas fitting, I think gas probably runs through this area to the main communal boilers

We are trying to identify all of the pipes so we understand our small residental period conversion better.

Thanks for any input

Reply to
LightingMan

Half of it looks like the elbow you see where gas pipes enter a property.

Reply to
John

It a cut-off elbow for the gas supply. It belongs to the gas supplier they would use it to cut your gas off if you don't pay the bill. 8-)

Reply to
Ed Sirett