What's the proper name for...?

The little pads you can get for sticking on cupboard e.g. kitchen doors so that they don't make as much noise when slamming shut?

You sometimes see them in the little catalogues full of knick knacks that get pushed through you door.

Do these things even have a 'proper' name?

Reply to
Abertech

I used self-adheshive window frame draught excluder to good effect, one 15m roll does an awful lot of cupboards!

Reply to
PM

What, a proper name like 'Malcolm' or something? Seems unlikely. I always think of them as 'snorgelberglingthingies'

Reply to
normanwisdom

Buffers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Or...

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Door Buffers. B&Q EAN 0000003153505 =A33 no quantity given

Even better are the the premium door buffers B&Q EAN 0000003190005 =A36 for 5

Search on the EAN at

for more details

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The message from "Abertech" contains these words:

Bumps.

B&Q Depots sell those rather nice piston dampers in packs of six for a fiver - or five for six quid, I forget which. They're dead good.

Reply to
Guy King

At <

>they stock "sound dampers" - "self adhesive" and "knock in"

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

Thanks for the replies. I have a much better idea of what to ask for now.

Reply to
Abertech