What's it called? Electric light socket thing

I'm looking for a light socket with a multi-size fitting to go into a 35mm aperture. Can't recall what such a gadget might be called. Have googled sans success. Ordinary BC light socket with a plastic extrusion beneath that can be pushed into an aperture and the plastic extrusion deforms to the correct size/shape. SWMBO has acquired this oddball porcelain thing and wants to turn it into a lamp. I would turn it but I recently knackered the motor on my (woodturning) lathe. This project of course takes priority over all else. Hope that makes some sense Thanks nick.

Reply to
NickP

Bottle lamp adapter

try what's left of the electrical section in Woolies.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:05:10 +0100,it is alleged that "NickP" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

The only similar thing I recall seeing is a table lamp adapter to turn empty winebottles etc into lamps. Usually sold as a kit called 'bottle adapter lamp kit'. Not sure of the correct name of this device.

Reply to
Chip

"NickP" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

*Do* try not to break it

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Hmmm.... tricky

Ah yes! A Rawlbolt. Do it up good and tight.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No.. that would scratch the interior surface.

Far better to bandsaw it in half, do the wiring inside, fill it with resin and stick the bits back together.

HTH

Reply to
PC Paul

Could try a homebrew shop for a suitably sized bung, and use one of those light fittings that screws onto a threaded metal tube. Or you could probably turn a piece of wood using a drill to rotate it and an angle grinder with a coarse sanding disk to shape it after you'd roughed it out with a saw.

Reply to
Rob Morley