What's a suitable bait for rat traps ?

Rats go for chocolate too. IMO it's ideal vermin bait, lasts a long time, smells strongly, difficult for them to prise off the trap so they are guaranteed to set the trap off trying to pull it off the peg.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Let me guess. You think you have been the victim of a rat infestation that was not caused by humans?

possible.

Unlikely

Reply to
John Cartmell

All together now: "OF COURSE THEY WOULDN'T!"

and:

"IT'S BEHIND YOU!".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I give up.

Reply to
Grunff

What makes you assume that I'm talking about male rats?

Reply to
John Cartmell

So far as long term residency and breeding, yes. But they'll bite you first, find you taste nasty and leave. And there are a lot of fleas on a rat.

Reply to
Huge

Yes. But that won't stop them biting you first to find out. I've experienced cat fleas a few times...notably when we moved into this house. Previous owners had five cats and a lot of flea eggs were left in the living room carpet. The fleas died of course, but they tried biting us a LOT first. Luckily we were working on the house before moving in properly, and were eventually ripping out the carpet anyway...this just made us do it a week earlier!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Rats are lovely pets - shame they live such a short time though 8-(

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Absolutely. Now I just need a rat trap big enough to catch an Astra.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You can take a horse to water etc...............................

Reply to
John

We use a bit of dried out bacon rind to good effect

Reply to
John

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (mj) saying something like:

I've had some measure of success with pieces of dog chewy strips.

#Another one bites the dust...

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

More rat news