What pressure shower pump?

Hi,

Im going to fit a shower pump this weekend. Bought everything except the pump itself.

I have some good prices for the 2 and 3 bar Stuart-Turner Monsoon pumps. It will be predominantly running a single Matki shower with occasional use by a second Matki shower in the ensuite. Im not sure which pressure to go for. The difference in price is only about =A340 but I dont for example want to fit the 3 bar and then find its too much and is painful to use for the family. I presume I do do have some element of control by stopping the hot and cold gate valves on the shower feeds to the pump....?

Any votes?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Go for the 3 bar. Especiaslly if there may be two showers running at once.

You can choke it down if it is too high a pressure but I do not see any problem.

Reply to
That Bloke

Hello Matthew,

I had similar problems recently, not knowing what size/type of shower to fit. It seems to depend on a variety of factors, not least of which is the make/model of the shower fittings you will be using.

I filled in the "pumpwise" form on the Salamander pumps web-site and got a good response back from their experts then next day.

goto

, select the pumpwise tab at the top of the page and then click on the scrolling link.

This doesn't commit you to buying from them, but at least you will be better informed than you are now.

In the end I did buy a 3bar salamander pump from

which was the cheapest supplier I could find.

Hope this is of use to you. Good Luck.

Reply to
kdband