What (new) building/local regulations would YOU enforce in 'flood plain ' builds?

It might add a new meaning to the term "sink estate", should the buoyancy aid get a puncture. ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Its not quite a vacuum in low earth orbit. That's why the shuttle is useless for satellites as you need dangerous boosters to get them into a higher orbit than the shuttle can manage.

Reply to
dennis

There aren't many rocket scientists here today.. just a couple AFAICS.

Reply to
dennis

I was.. I suggested that you could get the mound by filling it with rubbish rather than soil. Much cheaper.

Well most of its predictably stable and safer than smoking or drinking too much.

Reply to
dennis

Which is precisely why almost all the requirements of Prat M should be binned (along with Prat P)

Level access is, to the vast majority of the population a complete abomination. Or, more simply put: If you're a cripple, then pay or use your insurance payout to have your house converted, but don't inflict your shitty design 'improvements' on the rest of the population.

I don't want sockets halfway up a wall, light switches in a similarly stupid place and a door threshold that means the inside of the house floods at the slightest hint of surface water outside. If I ever get in such a state as to need any of the above will someone get me pissed and send me on a short stagger along a railway line.

Reply to
Matt

Insurance payment? What insurance payment? The *vast* majority of the disabled don't have any insurance payment.

Why not just go an do it now?

Reply to
August West

What and cause some poor train driver nightmares.

Don't let him be "that" inconsiderate!...

Reply to
tony sayer

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:45:02 +0100 someone who may be Matt wrote this:-

Not a fun suggestion, either for the driver or those who have to pick up the bits afterwards.

Reply to
David Hansen

In article , CWatters writes

Strangely, there is an estate being built at the end of my street that was "designed" to be in keeping with the local vernacular, and bares marginally more resemblance to the local vernacular as I do.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

Nitrogen. Cheap, painless and quick