What kind of electrical...

chasers are on the market besides the angle grinder type and the good old bolster chisle.

Reason being I'm bored as most of me DIY work is done and I have an idea that If I can come up with a good drawing of it this could go into production if I have the inclination to carry it forward. :-)

I'm suprised nobody in the ideas tool industry has thought of this?

Go on make me day.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Or "has not" rather. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

There is a thing that goes on the end of a flexible drive shaft and has little toothed wheels that go round and carve the channel.

Reply to
EricP

So is that air compressor type? any links to this type?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Forget it. :-(

The device in the URL is something along the lines I was thinking of but with 2 adjustable width blades a bit like a tobogan sleigh with the 2 blades opposing each other in a forward and backward action.

The one in the pic uses two diamond rotary blades.

well there goes me bridge. hmmmph!

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

An effective dust control feature would be a major selling point in my view. After a bit of work on "breeze blocks" there seems to be week up week of grey dust settling.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

It would indeed! And vacuum cleaners aren't much help, its such fine dust it clogs the filters in minutes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Psy-clones seem to work well for me with concrete dust. (sample of 1)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes that would be a great bonus and a good selling point in this type of tool.

The chasers I've shown are the double disc cutting feature which will of course throw dust everywhere, however I was contemplating on using the double blade method sort of like two saw blades going forward and backward in opposing direction to each other, which in my mind will reduce the dust level threefold.

I'll try and knock up a pic as this seems to be the main point of a chaser ie "dust".

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

On Wed, 03 May 2006 07:44:17 GMT,it is alleged that "The Medway Handyman" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Dyson :-) (A second hand one, not paying full retail for them). IIRC Mr Dyson got the idea for the dual cyclone from a cyclone powered dust extractor. Anyhow, they work brilliantly with sawdust from a belt sander which usually clogs bagged ones.

Reply to
Chip

That's not a problem for cyclone ones. A recent Dyson will cope with the output from a plaster chaser without clogging or letting any dust through. Earlier Dyson's work too but don't have enough air flow to consume all the dust from the tool, resulting in spillage around the tool's coweling. Unfortunately, a Dyson isn't designed to be chucked in with a tool box. Bagged cleaners are completely useless for this -- if they catch the dust, they will be blocked in seconds, otherwise they are chucking the dust out in the exhaust.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

would greatly reduce cutting speed.

NT