What is the diyprojects.info forum for?

I wonder if it respects the X-no-archive "yes" header.

Reply to
Andy Wade

"IMM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

From my quick visit, it seems that posting is not allowed - it implies it is, but all the threads have closed symbols

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Andy Wade wrote in news:417309b7$0$22765 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

I'm sure *I* would if I knew what it was

mike

Reply to
mike ring

So it's not a Google type of site.

Reply to
IMM

Nope. Usenet posts are copyright the author, by default. No disclaimer required.

Reply to
Huge

And if you write to them, specifically denying them the right, they can and will remove your material.

Reply to
Huge

"IMM" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

I'm afraid I'm not at all up on this

failed again

mike

Reply to
mike ring

In message , Mark Spice writes

Yup. Who's hosting the website?

I know it was posted yesterday, but I expired a load of N/g stuff earlier this evening

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

Does whoever hosts the site have a policy on this ?

Reply to
raden

This is what Andy Wade posted on Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:41:02 +0100

/Quote/ A whois lookup reveals /inter alia/:

Domain ID:D295418-LRMS Domain Name:DIYPROJECTS.INFO Created On:13-Sep-2001 06:07:50 UTC Last Updated On:13-Sep-2004 15:42:22 UTC Expiration Date:13-Sep-2005 06:07:50 UTC Sponsoring Registrar:R139-LRMS Status:ACTIVE Status:OK Registrant ID:C5755079-LRMS Registrant Name:The Hostmaster Registrant Organization:Web-S-Sense Pty. Ltd. Registrant Street1:P.O. Box 110 Registrant City:Surrey Downs Registrant State/Province:SA Registrant Postal Code:5126 Registrant Country:AU Registrant Phone:+61.0408827991 Registrant Email: snipped-for-privacy@web-s-sense.com /End Quote/

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Not if this one gets through.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Andy Wade

Isn't is supposed to be: X-No-Archive: Yes

Reply to
IMM

That's the one , cheers

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

It is somehow -- look for the broken postings from: snipped-for-privacy@easy-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Gayton) which include: User-Agent: newsSync (DIYprojects.info) Unfortunately, newsSync (at least as configured on DIYprojects.info) is generating broken articles.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes!! Thanks. Lets see if this one gets through.

Quote from google help "I do not want you to archive my article(s)! How can I prevent messages that I post from being archived on Google Groups? Google supports the 'X-No-archive: yes' header, and we will not archive any articles that contain this text either in the header or in the first line of the message body."

Note, it has to be "in first line".

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Yes!! Thanks. Lets see if this one gets through.

Quote from google help "I do not want you to archive my article(s)! How can I prevent messages that I post from being archived on Google Groups? Google supports the 'X-No-archive: yes' header, and we will not archive any articles that contain this text either in the header or in the first line of the message body."

Note, it has to be "in first line".

This one's a copy for google to keep.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

In message , raden writes

So who hosts the site?

Web-S_Sense I presume are the owners

Reply to
raden

Have a look at

"What we do: Our primary area of expertise is developing and promoting technology portals, and placing highly targeted advertisement to reach large audiences of computer professionals."

The host, according to SamSpade, is theplanet.com, and you want snipped-for-privacy@theplanet.com

SamSpade: dns

Canonical name:
Addresses: 69.93.160.210

IP block 69.93.160.210 Trying 69.93.160.210 at ARIN Trying 69.93.160 at ARIN

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc. OrgID: TPCM Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway Address: Suite 110 City: Dallas StateProv: TX PostalCode: 75207 Country: US

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.theplanet.com:4321

NetRange: 69.93.0.0 - 69.93.255.255 CIDR: 69.93.0.0/16 NetName: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-9 NetHandle: NET-69-93-0-0-1 Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0 NetType: Direct Allocation NameServer: NS1.THEPLANET.COM NameServer: NS2.THEPLANET.COM Comment: RegDate: 2003-11-19 Updated: 2004-03-15

TechHandle: PP46-ARIN TechName: Pathos, Peter TechPhone: +1-214-782-7800 TechEmail: snipped-for-privacy@theplanet.com

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE271-ARIN OrgAbuseName: Abuse OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-782-7802 OrgAbuseEmail: snipped-for-privacy@theplanet.com

OrgNOCHandle: TECHN33-ARIN OrgNOCName: Technical Support OrgNOCPhone: +1-214-782-7800 OrgNOCEmail: snipped-for-privacy@theplanet.com

OrgTechHandle: TECHN33-ARIN OrgTechName: Technical Support OrgTechPhone: +1-214-782-7800 OrgTechEmail: snipped-for-privacy@theplanet.com