what is it with Plumbers overpriced quotes!

?2 quotes, both similar

supply and fit an £ 800 combi take existing flow and return from airing cupboard (which is directly above garage) and fit to new boiler location in garage, flu directly outside of garage wall. Powerflush naturally both quote in excess of £ 2600 !

2 days work = £ 900 per day labour !

don't they want the easy jobs then ?

Reply to
Vass

My, the Poles are getting expensive. They are busy and don't want your work. It's stupid time of year to be having this work done. Wait until the Summer. School holiday period & you'll get a better price.

I think you will find when they have plenty of work on their books they quote silly prices as they dont need the work but good if you want to pay the inflated price. Cheaper if looking for work.

I suppose your choice at the end of the day, agree or refuse.

Reply to
SS

In message , Vass writes

Easy jobs?

We've had a minor cold snap, they're raking it and can take the piss - the easy work is out there

Reply to
geoff