What IS it called??

Page 2 of 2
Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot wrote:

"Upstairs corridor"?

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

Are you taking the piss or what? Its a F***ing landing!
BillR wrote:

Its an Ambulatory Route Staurwell Extension.

And you think *I'm* concerned about it! ;o)
Si
On 12 Nov 2003, Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote

Now, what law says a hallway can only be at ground level? (A *hall*, I'd agree, and an *entrance* hallway, sure: but a plain old garden- variety hallway? Any floor level can have a hallway.)
If it's a long narrow passage with rooms opening off it, it's a corridor or a hallway -- take yer pick!
--
Cheers,
Harvey

that's
Technically, it is only a landing if another flight of stairs leads up from it.
I have always considered the hall to extend the full height of the building, so, to me, the bit that has rooms opening off is an upstairs hallway if substantially within the stairwell, or an upstairs corridor if it is long and thin.
Colin Bignell