What is it?

I was at my daughter's newly purchased 1990's house on a small estate. My job was to get the lid off the water meter. I decided that it wasn't the water meter after all, but couldn't say what it was.

The lid appears to be cast aluminium, oval, about 6" long and secured by two screws.I was unable to undo one of the screws. It is in the lawn at the back of the property.

There is an inscription barely readable: something POINT.

What is it?

Thanks

mark b

Reply to
mark b

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:12:12 -0000, "mark b" strung together this:

In all probability, a rodding point. (Or inspection point, depending on the manufacturer).

Reply to
Lurch

=============== It might possibly be a 'trig point'. These are fixed survey points but the few I've seen were above ground level on concrete blocks.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

It sounds as it if may be a rodding access point for the drains. Regards Pete

Peter Stockdale

Nah! It's a rodding point for clearing a section of drain which would otherwise be inaccessible.

Reply to
Set Square

Thanks guys. I will now go and identify the mystery object and take full credit as 'the expert' :-)

mark b

Reply to
mark b

Pleasure - it is nice to get a simple question for a change !

Pete

Reply to
Peter Stockdale