What is it?

In that case, I'm not sure how you would go about asking RotW - so I'd expect uk.d-i-y to win!

Reply to
Roger Mills

We don't get to Twitface here, best to shove them on a dropbox link I think. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Sounds like a tin opener from that description!

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

For the benefit of Brian, the object is a knurled handle attached to a bracket containing two enmeshed gears whose axes are at right-angles to the long axis of the handle. One of the gears appears to be connected to nothing, although there is a small knurled wheel on the side of the bracket roughly in line with the axle of that gear. The other gear is attached to a large roughly conical object which protrudes from the side of the bracket and which may rotate, turning the two enmeshed gears. The wide end of the conical protrusion has three holes at 0, 120 and 240 degrees around the rim, as if it is bolted onto something else.

There is also a photo of a wooden box dovetailed corners and a hinged lid that is fastened shut with latches - I wonder if this is for transporting the object.

Reply to
NY

They're short links to Dropbox-hosted photos.

Reply to
Adrian