What is about women?

Wife informed me last week that she wanted dropping off at Warwick services on Thursday, so our daughter could pick her up and take her on to Portsmouth for the g daughters birthdays.

I have 2 Rover 45's, one petrol the other a diesel. The diesel has developed a minor problem with the clutch, the pedal is tending to stick down sometimes. I know what the problem is and it should been looked at next week, as it is also over due for a service. At this point, I decided to use the petrol one and booked it in for an MOT for 1-30 this afternoon, just to give me confidence there is nothing obviously wrong, like rubber boots splitting. The garage I take it to does not do MOT's but they are all Rover trained and would pick up on anything wrong with the car as they took it to the MOT testers.

Her mobile was switched off, so I couldn't contact her and she arrived home at 2-20 so I had to go to the garage to cancel the MOT and beg them to look at the clutch problem on the diesel car.

End result is that she might not get to Portsmouth because of her memory. And she calls me for being forgetful.

Gripe over

Dave

Reply to
Dave

[snip tangled tale]

Err, are you sure it's your wife's memory that's at fault :-P

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is there a bit missing from your story? Booked in for an MOT doesn't seem to be anything to do with her.

TBH it does sound rather more like your problem. You've got two cars, one of which you say is knackered, and one of which you don't look after enough to trust for a not terribly long drive.

Why not take a look around the petrol one and just drive it? Is it really that manky?

Reply to
Clive George

I waited 2 hours for her to come home, or phone me to say she had taken the car to the garage. Soooo.

Yes! She has no recollection of me telling her that the diesel would have to come off the road this week. I booked the MOT last week and explained this to her.

Women:-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Well, if you explained things to her as well as you've related your story here, there's little wonder that misunderstandings have arisen!

Reply to
Roger Mills

No, it isn't. From comments on here I might just use it Thursday. I spent most of yesterday afternoon checking oils, water and tyre pressures. Diesel is due a big service next week, so that is my best option.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Seems more reasonable. I'm guessing you're retired if you managed to stretch out checking oil, water and tyre pressures to most of an afternoon :-)

Reply to
Clive George

And weak and tired, all that and I am not 65 till next year :-((

Dave

Reply to
Dave

65 is not old.

Lots of posters on this newsgroup are older than that.

To be fair, when I reach 65 years of age I do expect most of those that are now 65+ will be dead.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Pah your just a young sprog that I can just remember from my youth. :-((

Dave

Reply to
Dave