What I did on my holidays.

Page 2 of 2

No, why? I have two friends whose only cars are Porsches.
Huge wrote:

Then by definition it isn't a supercar...

Interesting, and completely fallacious, assertion.

Indeed.
It's easy to tell if it's a supercar.
Q. Does it have a Porsche badge?
If it does then it's not. HTH.
snipped-for-privacy@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) writes:

Interesting piece of bigotry. Too each their own, I suppose.
Huge wrote:

Well I have driven porsches. And they are allright I suppose.
If I want real grip and handling, I'd go for a ferrari or a lotus. If I want accleration, well my jag ain't bad, in quiet way, but the best roadcar yet was a 5.8 liter equipped 1948 ford popular. Blow any porsche off the raod, that would. Not mine I hasten to add. A tad vulgar for my tsate.
Like porsches really :-)

Huge wrote:

Not at all. Supoercars are by definition almost useless on teh road, and are only suitable for posing in, and going very fast round roundabouts at 3 a.m.
A porsche is simply a sports car, not a supercar.
On 11 Feb 2004 17:53:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

Because it's better than going to Butlins... or is it Centerparcs these days?
Semper in Excretum. Sed alto variat.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
[39 lines snipped]

Am I the only one who rents holiday cottages and takes tools with me?

*grin*
(Huge) wrote:

If we rented cottages we would.
Mary

No. </sad>
Huge wrote:

Heh...
When we moved here, the waste pipe from the house emptied into a 5' cube brick lined pit in the garden. The pit hadn't been emptied in 20-some years. The previous owners insisted that this is fine, and it never needs emptying (sets up a self cleaning system :-). The overflow from the pit went straight into a ditch.
It's taken us a while to get round to replacing it, but we have. In the meantime, the pit needed regular 'digging out', to allow it to drain away sufficiently. Seemed to happen more often around xmas time for some reason. Nice.

Someone has to...
--
Grunff