What I did on my holidays.

NO, it is not. Ever driven Ferrari? They are "pants".

I agree. They are "panst".

Reply to
IMM

If you want a supercar for everyday use, buy a Porsche.

Suirel thats a conrtadiction in terms?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What is truly pants is your inability to drive your newsreader. I'm not surprised you found driving a Ferrari ungratifying.

Reply to
John Laird

No, why? I have two friends whose only cars are Porsches.

Reply to
Huge

Then by definition it isn't a supercar...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Interesting, and completely fallacious, assertion.

Reply to
Huge

Indeed.

It's easy to tell if it's a supercar.

Q. Does it have a Porsche badge?

If it does then it's not. HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Interesting piece of bigotry. Too each their own, I suppose.

Reply to
Huge

Not at all. Supoercars are by definition almost useless on teh road, and are only suitable for posing in, and going very fast round roundabouts at 3 a.m.

A porsche is simply a sports car, not a supercar.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well I have driven porsches. And they are allright I suppose.

If I want real grip and handling, I'd go for a ferrari or a lotus. If I want accleration, well my jag ain't bad, in quiet way, but the best roadcar yet was a 5.8 liter equipped 1948 ford popular. Blow any porsche off the raod, that would. Not mine I hasten to add. A tad vulgar for my tsate.

Like porsches really :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had a 924 once, the one with the large sloping wrap-round rear window with the rear-wiper motor bolted to the glass. Took it to a Jet car-wash one day. The bang as the washing roller brush caught in the wiper scared the c*** out of me. It tore the wiper unit right off the glass which vanished into a gazillion tiny chunks. Instant convertible :-) and yes, I was inside at the time.

Much to my surprise Jet coughed up for the repair with only a modicum of fuss. Cost them £1K and that was in 1988. Sold it soon after for £2.5K.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison

A used 928 (pre 1987) is quite reasonable to aquire.

I've had my 1983 since 1987 and it has cost less to keep than many lesser cars. Big trick is to buy as few parts from dealer as possible and DIY or find an honest mechanic.

a good start (see thier links to parts suppliers)

Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels