What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

Reply to
Adrian

It's much easier to hold a 4-6 cell maglite by the head end plus it's easier to explain to plod why you are outside with a maglite in the dark...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not to mention Saville "did so much for chariteee"

Reply to
Tim Watts

Excellent quote from Phil Redmond of 'Brookside' fame on 'Any Questions':-

"What happens on location should stay on location'

Not heard it before, but it's a not bad principle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can assure you that today's youth have certainly not gone down the toilet. Just because the antics of a tiny minority feature in tabloid papers, does not an entire generation make.

(Much as not everyone over 40 is a grumpy old git)

Indeed, I don't go round habitually walloping people, but can easily think of a number of scenarios where it would seem like a very sane and prudent thing to do.

Reply to
John Rumm

Not even with "location" replaced with "Rugby tour" or "Las Vegas"?

Reply to
Adrian

You can buy crenelated rings for maglites, to make them better weapons (or stop the front lens from scratching so easily).

Reply to
dennis

Correct.

They can seek to terminate his contract. If he doesn't agree then he can see them in court (or use whatever dispute resolution system is written into the contract), just as for any contract.

All of that, again, will depend on what the contract says. Clarkson may have no such right in his contract (though that would surprise me). The BBC may be obligated to pay attention to him (again, using any dispute resolution mechanism from the contract).

No one here has had sight of the contract (have they?) so no one here is in a position to state what "will" happen.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Proof of your prejudice.

Reply to
bert

Talking to yourself again?

Reply to
Adrian

Oh dear Is that the best you can do?

Reply to
bert

I work to the level of the people I'm conversing with.

Reply to
Adrian

When I used a 6 D cell Maglite on certain tasks it was politely suggested to me by a bobby who was observing some individuals who were surveying locations for Rave parties had who suddenly run out of a target premises that some police forces had a guideline about Maglites. Anything above 4 cell the bobby suggested the illumination purpose was secondary if it was used where a physical confrontation may be anticipated. . My Justification for a six was that I was using it taped to an industrial pressure washer lance cleaning the inside of a ships ballast tanks.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Don't be silly. Anyone working for the BBC as a freelance is under contract to the BBC. And will in general be under the same control as a member of staff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So remind us of the action that was taken against John Prescott after he hit a member of the public ?.

Absolutely none as I remember. A few weasel words from Phony Liar and that was that.

Reply to
Andrew

That depends on the nature of the engagement and what the contract says.

Reply to
John Rumm

Whatever

Reply to
bert

Being on contract is very different to being on an employment contract. Perhaps you have no experience of this.

Reply to
bert

I'd suggest you read a BBC freelance contract. If you have a spare month.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd suggest you read a BBC free lance contract. Like all such things, it attempts to own you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)