What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

No no our resident expert Brother Adrian definitely knows he got "twatted"

Reply to
bert

I just knew someone would say that.

Reply to
bert

A typical JD Wetherspoon makes every member of staff a manager for something. When staff out number customers you still cannot get a beer because it's not 'their' job to serve you!

Reply to
alan_m

So Clarkson was so pissed he missed. It doesn't make a huge difference.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, it can be tricky getting down to your level whilst still being sober enough to actually type.

Reply to
Adrian

On 12/03/2015 22:50, Nightjar I don't even have a television that can receive digital broadcasts.

They want the law changed to cover iplayer, etc.

Reply to
dennis

The law already requires that you have a TV license if you watch a programme in iPlayer while it is being broadcast, not that I have viewed more than a couple of programmes online in the past year either.

Reply to
Nightjar

To get briefly to the source of all these comments.

I personally have not raised my hand to anyone since the last school fight I had at the age of 16. I can think of no one in my circle of friends or acquaintances who would do so. In 'civilised' company it would not be tolerated.

YMMV

It really says so much about the man, and his breeding, that he would strike someone a blow in a fit of temper. IMHO there is no possible excuse for such behaviour.

He deserves to be not only sacked but shunned also.

And we wonder why today's youth has gone down the toilet.

Reply to
fred

It's never that black and white.

I've hardly hit anyone, but if someone attacked my children, they would get the biggest beating with the biggest weapon I had to hand.

Reply to
Tim Watts

So you have a personal alcohol problem? I understand AA can be helpful.

Reply to
Capitol

Try living with my soon to be ex wife.

Soon to be ex because I dont want to hit her, but it is the only thing that shuts her up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

depends on what you mean by 'civilised' company and who decides what 'civilised' is.

I wish someone wopuld have done that with Jimmy saville, but eh was so civerlised with charity wasn;t he.

First I'd like to know exactly what situation he was in with that manager. Without knowing that how can anyone judge.

I'm not sure they have.

Reply to
whisky-dave

We do indeed wonder why brainless bigots like you are prepared to jump so vigorously to conclusions, based on no evidence whatsoever, on the basis of your own arbitrary dislikes. I expect you really miss lynch mobs, don't you.

It appears that Clarkson did not hit the assistant producer, who has not complained about the matter - Clarkson reported the incident himself.

Why can't people just wait for the results of the enquiry before unpacking the noose?

Reply to
Huge

I see the Screwfix Deal of the Day is 25% off irony detectors.

Reply to
mike

Source? HP, pity it's not the real thing made in England

98.8724% of statistics are made up on the spot, this was one of them. No one ever watches Top Gear on dave unless the batteries have failed on the remote and they are too pissed or too tired to get up and switch the telly off.
Reply to
The Other Mike

Savile never mixed with the crew etc - or rather not on any of the progs I worked on with him. He had his own entourage. Probably how he managed to keep things secret.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

snip

Hmm. You have been reading the press ? You have read the report by the fam ily staying in the hotel and who witnessed the whole thing ? You have seen the reports on television and heard the radio reports? Perhaps you don't h ave access to these thing from the hole in the ground you inhabit.

Reply to
fred

Oh it does. Hitting someone is assault. I don't think missing in itself is a crime.

Reply to
bert

Which they are of course.

Thousands of people who don't have a clue about what actually happened, yet they do have an opinion and want the world to know what it it.

That guy who said "You can vote in the General Election, or on X Factor - but not both." should run for office.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Allegedly.

Reply to