What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

He's been suspended by the BBC.

Towel head joke? Supporting the Labour Party?

Reply to
Jonno

had a row with a producer allegedly

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just being himself would do it!

Charlie.

Reply to
Charlie

Think that's fairly common, given the number of producers they've got through. Just why it's come to a head now we may never find out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What has he done? Pulled a publicity stunt, what else

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The use of the word fracas in the news suggests something more than a simple row.

Reply to
Nightjar

Didn't he once own the production company and sell to the BBC?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I think that it was the format of the show - he owned 50% iirc and sold it for £8M :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

a pagga?

Reply to
ARW

In article , ARW writes

If that means punch-up then I concur :-/

Reply to
fred

Apparently he did hit a producer. Well that is what was said on Newsnight.

Reply to
Michael Chare

If that is the case, then presumably the alleged assault would be reported to the police?

Or are 'national treasures'[1] [still] above the law at the BBC?

Owain

[1] Using the term very loosely.
Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Interesting choice then if the reports that he hit a producer are accurate. Does producer support a prosecution which'd give the BBC little choice but to sack Clarkson and so very possibly lose the producer a good job on a lucrative series. Or does the producer just settle (out-of-court, gagging contracts all round) for hitting Clarkson in the wallet?

Reply to
Robin

Good. I am sure the producer deserved it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just heard one of the papers says he hit him because he didn't get his lunch on time - or whatever.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Robin scribbled

No gagging order would work in the media, they all know one another. You can be sure that the producer identity is already known around the BBC and in the areas where he works.

Reply to
Jonno

?Jeremy Clarkson allegedly hit a Top Gear producer after he discovered no food had been laid on during a day out filming, it has emerged. The

54-year-old?s BBC career is hanging in the balance after he was suspended by bosses for allegedly throwing a punch at the show?s assistant producer Oisin Tymon?

Who looks a complete twerp to be honest.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

the budget might have run out - quite a possibility with that show.

Reply to
charles

Clarkson? Yes a complete twerp for taking a swing at anyone when he is on a final warning.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Green energy subsidies are driving people into fuel poverty where a packet of Pringles will have to last an entire month or even longer.

Reply to
The Other Mike