What has Jeremy Clarkson done ?

Ah. If that's true, it puts a different slant on it - from a meal just being late. Not that it justifies violence, of course.

Interesting the BBC said 'producer'. There is a world of difference between a producer and assistant producer. Organ grinder and monkey.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You've never worked on location, Charles? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Where "producer" means "member of the production team".

Or, more likely, "poor sod given the job of telling diva bad news"

Reply to
Adrian

That depends. There will be many times where an assistant producer will wear the producer's hat, especially with being filmed in various locations.

Reply to
Fredxxx

He couldn't actually produce the meals on time. Headline: "Clarkson suspended for spanking the monkey."

Reply to
Richard

There's a world of difference between one crew member not getting a meal, and some muppet forgetting to arrange for a catering van. I could easily accept 20,30 people may be on location ... and if that location is remote and cold, suddenly learning that there's no food at all would certainly explain a severe reaction.

The TV industry is mature enough now, that duties should be clearly delineated - *if* the catering wasn't arranged, and the producer and assistant producer started blaming each other, I might end up punching them both ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Production team covers everyone down to the work experience runner.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite.

It's possible the item being filmed was short and expected to end long before a meal break. And over-ran for whatever reason. But not much of a problem to send out for sandwiches etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depends where you are. If it's the TG track, I agree. If it's somewhere remote, not so easy.

The absence of facts in the case is frustrating ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Exactly HOW remote does it have to be before there's nobody who can just jump in a car, find a pub or shop that can knock some food together, and be back within the year?

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Remote apparently being near Newcastle, so the arse end of nowhere for 90% of the population and especially a bunch of southerners who would need interpreters to shop at Greggs or Pret a Manger.

Reply to
The Other Mike

That depends how far away the location was from somewhere that sandwiches could be bought.

Reply to
charles

Producer's job is programme content and budget. And making sure he has the team about him to do what's needed. They don't have much to do with the nuts and bolts of anything - especially on a production of this size.

But it seems it was an assistant producer. That can mean near anything.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They're not likely to have been far from base on a studio week. And in that part of the SE, you're never that far from somewhere that sells sandwiches, etc.

Quite. I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it's taken further surely the truth will have to come out otherwise there's nothing to charge him with.

Reply to
whisky-dave

As I said.

Delegated - as I said.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Dunfold Aerodrome. Fairly remote, as most airfields are (out of necessity) and impossibly so if you don't have a car, but that's not an issue for Top Gear.

Reply to
Andrew

Sigh. But Clarkson didn't take a swing at the producer. As reported.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are not allowed to say slant. Its virtually like saying slope. Or bitch, Or ass.

- from a meal just

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher