What happened to "our" apprentice that used to post here?

Not seen for a while, but he will be out of touch at the moment anyway as google is sulking again ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Last seen sliding down banisters about a week ago:

fred

Oh was that him? Apologies I didn't realise ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm here I'm here :)

Been reading your thread about 'idiots'

I know how to reset a MCB :P

Reply to
gremlin_95

I use Thunderbird now with Eternal September as my news server

Reply to
gremlin_95

And how are things at college?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nor did I.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Things are going just fine thanks, I'm in really early tomorrow due to train drivers striking :(

Just wrapping most things up for this year and will hopefully be going part time next year with the apprenticeship.

Reply to
gremlin_95

Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Up at 0530 -0545 to get ready, eat, shower etc and leave the house by

0625, walk to the station, catch the train which is at 0700, 39 minute journey on the train then get the next tram which will take about 25 minutes and then a 10 minute walk to college!

Normally the train is 0725 and takes 50 minutes but because there is a strike its just a shuttle service calling at a few stations only.

Early enough?

Reply to
gremlin_95

You are a superstar.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Haha thanks, how are your apprentices doing?

Reply to
gremlin_95

Some of them are OK and the rest of them are still alive.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

And one was lucky and quick when the tower scaffold was knocked over that he was stood on

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Jeez, I take it they are electrical apprentices? Loads of them at my college

Reply to
gremlin_95

I think Adam wonders sometimes ...

They're certainly not training to be H&S compliance officers

Owain

Reply to
Owain

This one got everything right when the scaffold fell.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Screamed at the right places? Bled in the right colour?

I get the impression that gremlin deserves to have people queueing up begging to pay him to work for them, compared with some of the other people around.

What's your subject, gremlin? Can I give you one piece of advice from experience: always use a cushion to kneel on! Even if it means having to crawl all the way back out of the roof to fetch it.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

I get the impression that gremlin deserves to have people queueing up begging to pay him to work for them, compared with some of the other people around. What's your subject, gremlin? Can I give you one piece of advice from experience: always use a cushion to kneel on! Even if it means having to crawl all the way back out of the roof to fetch it. JGH

Thank you! :)

The subject is Building Services Engineering, I will hopefully be covering all aspects of it such as design, tendering, commissioning, project management etc. I have already had a few days work experience at the place, I was mostly in the office doing things like calculating what pump size is needed, fan pressures etc for a building which was not yet complying with Part L. All very interesting stuff :)

Reply to
gremlin_95