What happened to black conti boards ?

Thanks to the guys who posted the links but there doesnt appear to be anything local to me (Milton Keynes). I have decided to try and make some out of painted MDF. I had a large sheet of MDF in the garage, left over from some other project. Bought some MDF primer and black gloss paint yesterday. I have given them a couple of coats of primer and it looks OK sof far. Next step is the gloss. If that doesnt work then I will have to make a trip to the local dump !

Reply to
Alan Campbell

My PC is orange and beigy-silver, and you can use it as a hi-fi (ish) when the PC isn't on. Does that count?

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

I agree. I've just put laminate down and am perfectly happy with it. It's half the price of good carpet, lasts many times longer, is easier to clean, and can be easily fitted DIY thus saving on fitting costs.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Haven't opened that flyer yet...will do so now!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I suspect that putting a couple of coats of black enamel straight on to MDF will give the sort of finish you're looking for.

Reply to
Rob Morley

He said hi-fi, meaning high fidelity. DAB doesn't qualify :-(

Reply to
Mike

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:53:53 -0000, "Mike" strung together this:

I know, but it was the orangey\beigey factor that's the association. When Crown have cornered the market in orange\brown radios that sound s**te then people will think Bobs hi-fi is one of those. Gotta knock a few points of the 'wow' factor don't you think?

Reply to
Lurch

Had a look - Crown's orange is grossly inferior! As for the beige....

Reply to
Bob Eager

I remember when they were the proper "duck-s**te green". Non of this modern arty-farty stuff.

Reply to
Mike

So do I...I used to sell them! I was out of all that by the time the orange came in...

Reply to
Bob Eager

A better finish is matt blackboard paint, then a coat of wax polish over it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley