what glue to use on worktop by my cooker?

Hi,

The bottom of the worktop by my cooker is peeling slightly - what looks like a sheet of brown greaseproof paper is peeling off the bottom of the chipboard of the worktop. I'd just want to glue this back into place, but the slight complication is that I need a glue that lasts OK if it gets warm (it won't get hot as it's not *too* close to the cooker, but it will get slightly warm cause of the cooker and also cause my coffee-maker's on the worktop). Most superglue says not to put in containers that will be filled with hot water - would this deal with being warmed OK. Or what glue would people suggest?

Cheers,

Jon

Reply to
Jon

I think that's probably because people used it to mend teapots with and then got a lapful of hot tea if the mend fails, regardless of whether it was the glue's fault or not.

It sounds as though there is very little stress on the under-worktop mend and it wouldn't cause anyone any harm if it didn't stick. Ordinary clear glue (UHU etc) will probably do as well as anything, and be less risk of you permanently attaching yourself to the cabinetry if it's awkward to see what you're doing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Try removeing the "brown paper" and replace with selfashesive foil tape?

Reply to
James Salisbury

Thanks for the suggestion James, but think might be lazy and go for gluing - the underside of the worktop is out of sight and doesn't get much wear, but I couldn't remove all the brown paper without unscrewing the worktop and so forth...so glue seems the easier option ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Thanks for the suggestions - glued it back into place in the end, and all seems fine :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon