what glue to use on uPVC damage?

Hi all I carelessly damaged part of a uPVC 'corner sill' at my parents over the weekend. As well as cracking the corner I've deformed the uPVC a little. What can the panel advise as an adhesive/sealant to (maybe) pull the pieces back together again, and seal the crack I made?

Thanks a lot Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

Sounds like a job for either Everbuild Industrial Superglue or Gorilla Glue to rejoin the pieces and white exterior frame sealant to fill/seal the crack.

Reply to
Richard Head

PVC waste pipe solvent glue. Used to glue Terrain etc waste pipes together. Any builder's merchant should have it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So do B&Q if that's more convenient, but you probably need to take your parents along with you for permission to buy it.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Indeed. Some checkout assistants will deny they stock it as it can mean them going to get it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you can push parts together (no gap) you could use methylene chloride. Just drip it on the join and it welds it quickly. It is a solvent which just melts the two edges together. Good for welding acrylic (perspex)it is used in paint remover so be careful with it

Reply to
F Murtz

PVC *cement* is available from any decent BM

Its (presumably the above) solvent with lots of PVC already dissolved in it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Super glue is the usual adhesive for uPVC, with perhaps masking tape to hold it together while it sets. As mentioned in another thread, the accelerator makes this virtually instant

Reply to
stuart noble

Hi Chaps Thanks for the suggestions.

I already have some waste pipe solvent glue, so a healthy dollop of that, together with a bit of cramping, to get as much of it back together as possible, and then an outdoor sealant to cover the remaining cracks, seems like a plan.

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

Super glue has the advantage of being transparent though. Six pack from the Pound Shop

Reply to
stuart noble