What glue please..

Nothing critical, so long as it stays put.

I need to glue some ABS plastic to some of that white expanded foam often used in packing electronic consumer items - hard disks often come packed in this. It is not expanded polystyrene, if used as packing it comes in strips and blocks, rather than filling the entire space, it is like a hard sponge and quite slippy to handle.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

CA Glue would do this, I use it to repair Z foam model planes

Reply to
Camdor

Thanks!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Polypropylene.

hot glue.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

nope. usually dissolves ABS AND polyprop. Foam safe CA might work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed - if it's polypropyline, there's not much chance of sticking it with cyanoacrylate type adhesives, as that is what they make the bottles from for storing CA adhesives in!

Regards, Simon

Reply to
Simon Stroud

No, that's polythene

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

for a glue , seems to be layered by pressure and hot melt adhesive.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby