What equipment do I need to grow a small cannabis plant in my room?

I may be moving to Holland, where this would be allowed by law

What do I need to grow a small plant in my room?

What is the best light source and/or heater that I can buy from HomeBase/B & Q?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
barbican.angel

Why would you need heat and light if you can put it in the window? You only need the heat and light if you want to hide it from the police.

Best advice.. don't smoke!

Reply to
dennis

then why buy something here? Bullshit detected.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Who are you kidding Stefan?

Reply to
Graham

Plant pots!

You're better going to a pet shop and looking at the lights sold for fish tanks, or go to a garden centre. You don't need them anyway unless you have a factory going.

Amsterdam can be fairly cold, a few weeks ago it was around 2c at night.

You can't do that as they have used the thermal imager on the helicopter for years to detect unusual heat sources. You need to install a heat shield if growing in a loft.

I agree, you can also eat the stuff but it is cheap enough to buy in Amsterdam. The price is only high in the UK because of supply and demand and the way young people think it's great. I think it's very over rated and a waste of money. Google for hydroponics.

Reply to
Ian

Maybe I could make a day trip to Amsterdam (flight - =A380)

Could I bring a very small quantity back?

And I agree - smoking is harmful - I have never tried eating it.

It may be overrated. I haven't had any for 2-3 years now! Used to do it all the time at uni

Reply to
barbican.angel

Which reminds me... Police raided several cannabis houses in Luton a while back. They took the plants away, and gave the lamps to some local worthy cause (probably a school, but I can't remember). A few weeks later, all the local second-hand shops seem to be full of large horticultural growing lights. Being interested in high intensity discharge lighting, I took a look, but they were all 600W, which is a rather unconventional wattage for other purposes, so I passed on buying one for my collection. Still, I expect they were snapped up by people who could think of a perfect use for them...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Why a day trip? I thought you were moving there...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yes, and even if one doesn't want this, the coffee drinking culture seems to have boomed in recent years. There's a coffee shop on almost every street corner - even more than bars.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In this country you need an heat exchanger to grow it in your loft. High power to light ratio is a downer so low lights and high reflection might be better.

Sodium lamps are about the cheapest things to leave running all day and night. I don't know how effective they are for growing plants. Try some out first with legal stuff before setting up an illegal garden.

Clad the roof in Cellotex between the rafters, some of that NASA foam/ aluminium sandwich foil barrier over the lot. And a fan in the ridge(s) directing the heat generated down to the loft hatch where an heat exchanger will give you some useful feedback for the rest of the house.

As the police use infra-red detectors in helicopters to guess where the stuff is grown, time and effort spent on venting the heat is the main concern. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. (Bear in mind God made all plants and gave them to us for food vss the modern standards met with in the local GP's surgery and the NHS in general.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

In message , snipped-for-privacy@inbox.com writes

There's no shortage of data on the 'net for this. I'm under the impression that the stuff is called "weed" for a reason. I think it would probably be hard NOT to grow one, even on a window sill.

There's a book called the cannabis grow bible which I bought out of technical interest because I find automated plant growth an interesting subject. My mother who is an avid gardener and completely anti-drug couldn't put it down. She read it from end to end. :)

Reply to
Clive Mitchell