What does an electrical inspection entail?

Just had a go at doing my bonding, but I'm slightly stumped over how to attach it to the sink. I always thought they had special earthing tag points, but this one certainly doesn't. All there is are the rather flimsy-looking screw clips which hold down the sink to the worktop and I'm not sure how I can interface a length of earth cable with this. Anybody been there, done that?

Please don't tell me it's unnecessary - I'm not arguing, but the sparks who inspected it wants it doing and it's not worth the argument (which I'd end up paying for at his hourly rate anyway!)

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

Years ago, I did this on a stainless steel sink by drilling a hole in teh side (the vertical part) in an inconspicuous corner. I then crimped a tag to the earth cable and bolted it on, using said hole. This was done inside, so only the bolt head was visible outside.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Another way is to use the type of earth clamps made for connecting to thin metal sections, such as Eze-earth - shown here as type TZB100:

or a Screwfix equivalent: .

Reply to
Andy Wade

Thanks - in fact I already have some of the Screwfix ones; however there's no suitable rib or edge that I can see where I could fit one of these. Even so, I was looking at one and couldn't work out how I would attach the cable even to these! The screw terminal is tiny - certainly compared with the h/d screw on a conventional pipe earth clamp. Is the answer that you have to crimp on a tag, as suggested by Bob above? If so I guess I need a crimping tool, then...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, _everybody_ needs a crimp tool. Get a decent one and you'll wonder how you ever managed without it.

Reply to
Andy Wade

If you get a red blue and yellow terminal crimp tool, avoid the very cheap non cantilever types. Ratchet ones can be bought for under 15 quid and do the job properly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Alex