What do you all think about this?

What happens if you register the details incorrectly. How would they know you from a thief if you wanted to change them? And a thief could nick something, check if its on there, and if not, register it himself. Then when the cops arrive, he can say "look it's mine, its on the menduk database" !. I'm sure they must have some identify checks ... Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Spooky. I first saw this mentioned on a work-related mailing list I'm on, just yesterday. It looks useful. I'm just wondering how it might be possible for the Bad Guys to subvert it.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Interesting possibility! All the more reason to get there first, and register it *before* it gets nicked, perhaps. [I'm not sure that a crook can find out whether something is already registered - only if it's registered as *stolen*. I wonder what happens if you try to register in your name something which is already registered in somebody else's name?]

Can someone cleverer than me please tell me what the b__ h__ T&C 4.2 (about liability and damages) means!

Reply to
Set Square

Thanks for reminding me about that. I've just updated my list of things purchased since I last spend some time at that website. The concept is fine, but the site is somewhat amateurish in construction. Oh well, at least its free... and will increase the chance of my stuff coming back and the toerag properly busted.

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C