What do building draughtsmen charge?

We had a guy round a while back to quote for producing some drawings for planning and building regs submission but I was surprised at the quote. What's reasonable for a fairly straightforward 2 storey extension? Is there anyone in the Hampshire area that you would recommend?
-- Dave S (The email account is a dummy for anti-spam purposes, please reply via the newsgroup) _________________
Dave wrote:

Surprised? Because it was/appeared expensive or cheap?

I paid 275 for drawings for a two room single storey extension.

Dunno about Hants, the guy I used is in Swindon, Wilts.
1155 for planning and 1400 for building regs!!
-- Dave S (The email account is a dummy for anti-spam purposes, please reply via the newsgroup) _________________ "parish" <parish_AT_ntlworld.com> wrote in message

That's the area I'd expected, rather than 1155 for planning and 1400 for building rags.
-- Dave S (The email account is a dummy for anti-spam purposes, please reply via the newsgroup) _________________

2550? Is there a decimal point missing?
They seem like design and build prices.
I would have told him to get back in to his Porsche, and go back home to his mansion.
Perhaps he thought you had money and upped the rates a little!
dg