What boiler?

Hi. I just wanted to know which one of the companies make the best condensing combination boilers. The companies are: Vaillant, Keston, Worcestor and Biasi. I always thought Vaillant and Worcestor are the best..........But still its nice to know your opinion.

Reply to
seedat

OK

OK (great on extended fluing).

OK

Avoid

The best are Viessmann, Geminox, Atag, Eco-Homtec, Atmos

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
seedat

We have an Alpha CD32C which was installed about 18 months ago. Brilliant boiler with 3-year warranty.

J.

Reply to
John

Yep and at the bargain basement end. Pays your money......

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com...

at the bargain basement end. Pays your money......

I live in the U.k I have seen atag but the other companies that you mentioned are new to me,a relative of mine has had a vaillant ecomaxpro since it first came out I think it was 1995,he has not even had one problem,the boiler is quiet and efficient and reliable.Vaillant eco max pro open vent

Reply to
seedat

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
seedat

Viessmann are well established in the UK. German and one of the largest boiler makers in the world. ECO-Hometec are rebadged MAN boilers. Geminox are French and are not that common. Atmos are Dutch as are Atag.

Viessmann are top quality and now are reasonable to buy with good parts and service backup.

Vaillant are good but in the 2nd division.

The Glow Worm condensers are rebadged Vaillants but cheaper and good parts and service backup too. I like them and quiet enough.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Boiler quality is somewhat subjective. I'm happy with any of the above except the Biasi which I associate with the worst kind of "short termism".

There is a FAQ see below.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I would not say that. A BIASI system boiler properly fitted in a clean system is not bad at all. I have seen one on a thermal store (not a condensing version) with store anti-cycle control with the boiler coming in to reheat with full flow through the heat exchanger in one long efficient burn at optimum conditions. It worked very well and lasts too. The controls are not constantly coming in click-click, in the normal boiler cycling direct on rads setup once the house is up to temperature..

BIASI tend to use standard Italian boiler parts used in many other more expensive boilers - it is generally a kit. Isn't one of the Baxis a rebadged BIASI, but more expensive? Not my first choice by along way, however no horror boxes when fitted in the right conditions.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Vaillant are ok so are viessman.. all the others are second best for service and spares.... also vaillant own glow worm and they have good backup.

Reply to
gasman pete