What are metal sheds like?

That's similar to my experience.

Customer bought a metal shed, now referred to as "The Shed from Hell".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I pondered that but access problems (mainly consisting of two big oak trees) would mean that I couldn't get one craned in.

Matt

Reply to
matt

You can move them with a fork lift ...

Reply to
Huge

I'm surprised it was sufficiently intact to be recognisable.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

You can dismantle them. It isn't hard to do.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

From memory, the reassembly was a little harder than expected, as the corrugations released somewhat, and took some persuading back into place.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Have you got a septic tank on the property?

if so, build the shed over it so the hole into it is just inside the door, then place a rug or carpet over the hole, when you go in the shed remember to step sideways around it :)

Reply to
Gazz

condensation would be main concern I think

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Well I've done a bit more digging around. I got an estimate for an insulated portal frame steel workshop from some very nice people at

Including delivery it came out to £4800 for a insulated building about

2.5mx5.5m with a personal door.

I also had a look at man portable flat pack offices (eg

They came out at about the same price.

I think I've come to the conclusion that the extra cost over a wooden shed is more than the value of the stuff that'll be in it. So its back to building a wooden one myself.

Matt

Reply to
matt

On 19/02/2014 19:30, matt wrote: ...

Not much different from the price the builder charged for my block work built shed, which was about the same size.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar