wetroom in flat

They're a good idea for disabled or infirm people. No steps to climb over or up on to get in the shower. Everything can sort of be placed all on one level for easier access all round the room.

Also great not to have to worry about the shower cubicle leaking on to the floor. You can pull a curtain over the shower area to stop water splashing across the basin and loo if you want, but that's not really needed if it's quite a large room.

In today's rat race, it's good to walk in, shower and things, and walk out again.

Reply to
BigWallop

You don't have a shower cubicle taking up floor and wall space in a wet room. The whole room becomes the shower cubicle. You can, in slightly smaller rooms, have a curtain to pull over to shower behind, and not splash water over the whole room, but this is usually not needed in what is already a large room. So not having a big shower cubicle make the room look a lot bigger.

Reply to
BigWallop

So it's just one room, the bathroom? You haven't said how big it is to start with, it could look like a caravan washroom :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I can understand your points in the first two paragraphs but what has the rat race to do with anything???

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was the reference to open plan I was referring to. one large room looks bigger than several small rooms dedicated to an activity. By the time all the insulation is in place for the proposed part L the rooms will be unusable unless open plan.

Reply to
<me9

Actually it doesn't have to be, it can have areas which are wet and areas that remain dry. The toilet should remain in a dry area so the bog roll doesn't get all soggy and you end up with most of it on your fingers, ugh! I have 2 dry areas in mine, sink and toilet, but have a big shower area which is an old stairwell this is open with no shower door and drainage built under floor. I'm also installting UFH and a nice towel rad to keep me all warm and to avoid those cold puddles! It also looks nothing like a caravan! :)

Reply to
r.rain

LOL!

But that's what caravan washrooms are, it seems to me. We don't have one in either of ours so I'm not an expert but I've seen others and read about them.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You mean you don't put your bathtub directly in front of the range ? It must be awfully awkward carrying all the hot water to it !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We haven't a range.

I don't carry water, it's one of Spouse's reasons for being.

And you're assuming that I bathe indoors! The dolly tub which collects the greenhouse roof run-off is just about big enough to accommodate me in its (green) water.

As for bathing in hot water, don't you know that it saps your strength? I feel faint at the thought. Remember, I'm in Yorkshire, wheer t'pits used to was.

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher