Wet T shirts

Well we've had 4 g/kids for three weeks now and 1 adult visitor. The children don't half generate some washing and wet clothes from the pool, as well as just playing out in the rain and drizzle we've had for a few days.

Yesterday saw 2 large washes which weren't going to dry in the drizzle and raised humidity so it was time to get the dehumidifier out.

Worked a treat overnight in the utility room.

John

Reply to
JTM

What dehumidifier do you use? We have been considering getting one as an alternative to the tumble drier.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike
[snip]

This is a cheapish (B&Q I think) 'Amcor' made in Isreal, last night it took out about 2 litres of water. Apparently works better in conjunction with a fan in the room, but I haven't tried that.

John M

Reply to
JTM

Any idea what kind of power this is using?

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

typical power levels about 200w. Mine runs about 1/4 of the time when drying, so 50w average. Adding a fan massively speeds things up, and reduces energy use.

NT

Better than I was expecting, and certainly something for me to consider.

Tanks!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Is the general opinion that cheap will do? Having looked around, cheap seems to be about £100 from a real shop, or £70 on eBay etc.

Anyone got any suggestions for a good source please?

Thanks.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan