Well that's the cat dead.

Reminds me once when a teenage lad got knocked off his bike by a taxi outside our house - we heard the screech and bang and went out to see what was what. Lad was shaken but undamaged, unlike his bike. As we had a fairly large estate car, I was able to stick the bike in the back and ran him to where he was going, a couple of miles away...

...mum comes out of the house, takes in the sight of the squashed bike, forlorn son, and me, and looks absolutely aghast - lays in to me big time for nearly killing her son before either me or the kid could even get a word in edgeways...

David

Reply to
Lobster

I think I'll pass, thanks.

Reply to
Andy Burns

No.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Windsor Castle?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Dis he actually get end up convicted (or prosecuted) though? Because if the only story the RSPCA were given was "man blows away dog with shotgun" they would be quite right to investigate...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Angle Grinder. ;-)

Reply to
David in Normandy

I believe that he was sternly warned not to do it again, probably so as not to set a precedent, so presumably some common sense was used, he certainly had a few months worrying about it before he was told though.

I imagine that they, quite sensibly, don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry putting their own pets down as some may do it so humanely.

Reply to
Bill

Heh, no, it's a local pile that nowadays is an international school, but family inheritances have divided up the grounds with one family member leasing outbuildings for commercial use. Best customers used to be the kids from the school buying presents to send to relatives.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Actually you might be correct.

Ray left 3 weeks worth of cat food and the cat had only eaten 3 days worth of it.

And not the tinned shit I feed my cats on. He left Whiskas pouches.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's just got it. The neighbour is back (and he is very upset).

My cat now has also got a very nice set of second hand stainless steel feeding dishes to go with the food. Oh and a new cat toy brought all the way back from LA (just the same as the UK ones but why let a un-needed holiday present for a dead cat go to waste?).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Perhaps a new pussy might take his mind of the missing one;?...

Indeed;)..

Reply to
tony sayer

Probably depends on the type of vicar as whether that is frowned upon ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

My cat went out one night without a collar. It came back in the morning with one on. It seemed the neighbours had adopted a stray.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

They just bought more expensive cat food than you.

And today I took charge of my friends cat for six weeks. Hopefully it will survive. It is 18 years old and looking rather old for my liking.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Start phoning round the shelters now.

Ask if they've got one with similar colouring aged about 16 1/2.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It spent the last 24 hours in my back bedroom.

Then I introduced it to my cats.

I do not mind joining a mass street brawl and getting my head kicked in but I was not prepared to get in between those three when they started fighting.

It reminded me of a night out in Newcastle.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If you'd glued the walls first you could have had flock wallpaper

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And Bilbo will become Baz:-)