Well that's the cat dead.

Fuck her for a nasty suspicious bitch. You're well rid, if she thought you were the type to do that.

Reply to
grimly4

I've been fairly twitchy about locked/chained fire escape doors since the mid-60s in Glasgow, when the James Watt St fire happened.

Google for this... "glasgow james watt st fire"

Apparently, the fire doors were chained shut, I heard later.

Reply to
grimly4

Don't kid yourself, that bastard was hoping for the other one's food.

Reply to
grimly4

What, like cats are simply urban terrorists in furry coats?

Reply to
grimly4

There was a major fire in NYC many years ago, with locked escape doors - the Triangle Shirtwaist factory disaster. You'd think people would have learned by now...

Reply to
S Viemeister

Got it in one.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

Or the basic safety flaws. My wife used to rent business premises at a local stately home. One of the reasons for giving up was the appalling state of the building with an electrical system that had been wired by an idiot (the owner). All of the sockets were daisy chained to an MCB (yes, just one) but no circuit was on a ring. The circuit breaker used to trip regularly (either in the local panel or the RCB located in a nearby barn) and on one occasion when a 2kW heater was used with a fixed

13A socket the T&E cable started to smoke. Given that the building was timber framed with timber cladding, had just one exit and stairs that were too narrow, it was a death trap.
Reply to
Steve Firth

yes, that too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not a chance. A few years ago I watched a film at the Kings in west brom. At the end we did the usual and went down the fire escape only to find that some pillock had parked their car across the doors. I bet he leant that it wasn't a good idea as the door hit it very hard, several times. It would have had even more damage if it hadn't gone by the time the forty of fifty of us had walked back up and down the other exit.

Reply to
dennis

That certainly applies to some of them.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Been found with traces of explosive sandtex.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"How do you make a cat go woof?"

Reply to
Adrian C

Bucket of petrol and a match?

Reply to
John Rumm

Cats will, they can have a very strong attachment and would stay all night if necessary.

The emotional attachment can be very strong to owners. When a neighbour had a stroke, the cat was found to have spent time scratching her and gently nibbling her fingers. It had left a perimeter of car hair between her body & arm having slept there overnight. I do recall it howling in the porch, not warbling catawall but a identical repeating howl. On finding me the next day it was frantic for affection and kept going out to sit at the edge of driveway with a very peculiar staring expression. When I finally went out to the cat because it did not move even in the rain, it immediately moved away and sat down again, moving again as I followed it until it was on her driveway then ran to the back door (no cat flap).

She was in the hall.

Whilst she was in hospital the cat would not leave her jumper, and would sit outside looking up and down the road waiting for her. Morning and night. She never did return. The cat would lay out in the rain and not move, no-one would take it in - I am allergic but did feed it, her cleaner did. The cat was re-homed by Cats Protection.

Cats sixth sense greeting owner's coming home is just memory & acoustics - they are creatures of habit and security is number one, despite seemingly... rather secure lives from a human perspective.

Reply to
js.b1

Possibly removed by a clamping firm. They make more money by removal than clamping and blocking fire exits usually gets a quick responce from them.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I did play it back on my CCTV. The cat that was run over screamed at it was run over. My cat did run out the catflap and up to it.

Although you need a child if you want the real truth.

The 8 year old girl across the road said "Adam, your Bilbo comes into my house everyday after you have gone to work, he eats all my Ellie's food and then sleeps on my bed with Ellie and only goes home just before you come home from work"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Naw, it went because the driver had just come out of the cinema via another route.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Well, that's be a Youtube hit ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Also Woolworths in Manchester

Reply to
hugh

In message , ARWadsworth writes

A neighbour of mine owned a Collie from a pup, when she became old and unable to look after herself and was beginning to live a miserable life he sat playing with her in the back garden and gently, sympathetically, shot her with a 12 bore. She knew nothing. Unfortunately for him he told others about her demise and ended up with the RSPCA on his case for cruelty, anything less cruel is hard to imagine, she wasn't suffering any more and didn't at the end, not even the stress of going to the vets.

Reply to
Bill