Well OT - The apprentice has feally f****d it up this time

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

All a cunning plot by developers to get their greedy hands on good agricultural land.

Reply to
bert

In article , Jonno writes

Because she actually left working for me a short while before she got married. If you put your brain in gear before typing you might read what is written a little more carefully and then look less of a pillock.

Reply to
bert

In article , tim... writes

Had actually left sometime before. She was a good honest worker, easy to manage and was one that I was sorry to lose. Good looking girl too. Could have had a choice of many but unfortunately picked an absolute tosser.

Reply to
bert

Also, one would hope that OAPs, at least at one stage in their lives, have contributed something to the communal pot of money that they now find themselves having to use. Unlike teen mums.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I stand corrected...

Should have said "receive a council flat or a privately rented flat, PAID FOR BY THE STATE".

Reply to
JoeJoe

They will. But in most of the areas where council accommodation isn't available, it will be pretty grotty. Basically a bedsit with shared facilities.

I'd ask you how well you'd live on that sort of money. While caring for a child.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Apparently, some think they do. Now either they live in poverty themselves, or need to get out more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You think they don't hear what others say?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for missing the point. I'll put it once more.

Do you think an OAP can live handsomely on the state pension?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You think the state will pay for a privately rented flat in London?

I've got news for you...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They might. Right now, in London, there are 50,000 households living in temporary accommodation - mainly B+Bs and hostels. Many will stay there years. Over 50% will have their application for housing refused.

If they do get 'social' housing, much of it is now 80% market rents. So they end up stuck - not able to work because of the poverty trap.

One of the most harrowing cases I came across was a woman/kids in a hostel in Westminster. Brand new 3 bed house came up nearby, rent £200 p/week. She refused it because she couldn't afford the rent - wouldn't take benefits (in fact I'm not sure she qualified, or at best she was at the thin end of the HB taper) or give up her low paid job.

IME (which appears to be dwarfed by many here) of working with hundreds of families in housing need, that state of mind is quite common. I have never come across this 'pregnant to get a council flat' thing that many seem to uncritically believe. And I've never come across it in the housing literature.

Not many. It's desperate. Certainly not me.

Reply to
RJH

Doesn't Holland have a much more sensible system where the age of consent varies with the age difference of the two, getting rid of this totally artificial fixed cut-off at 16?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

The calculations show that it is a more comfortable lifestyle than the minimum wage job they would otherwise be doing if they can actually find one to do. And you are free to do anything you like and don't have to show anyone that you are looking for work. With much better prospects of being offered a council place to live in where they are available.

Reply to
hgww

En el artículo , Clive George escribió:

Benefits /shouldn't/ give you a comfortable lifestyle.

Child benefit is the worst - the more you breed, the more you get. Wasn't this due to be changed to the first two brats only?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Read my post again. Where do I say they are well off - or badly off? There seemed some dubiety about what benefits a young single mother would get. I merely quoted the figures without comment.

For the avoidance of doubt, I still have not commented.

Reply to
John J Armstrong

needs, doesnt mean you'll get a mansion but at least they won't let you sle ep on the streets. As I've said there's a reason pubs and other places are geting turned into hotlees and/or B&Bs..

ford the homes, my old schools been knocked down and now flats starting at £350k for a 1 bed in Leyton overlooking the eastway...

Migrants have priority over all.

Reply to
harry

Well with enough kids, dealing a bit of skunk on the side, and so on, and a little prostitution, it can.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

so an 8 year old can f*ck a 7 year old and that OK?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

not by the state - by taxpayers. The "state" doen't have its own money, just what it collects in taxes.

Reply to
charles

only if they choose that

if there isn't a CH available the applicant will be entitled to HB and can spend that money on whatever property they personally choose (subject to the LL accepting them, of course)

Reply to
tim...