Well, I'm pleased with it: cable management idea

I have a lot of kit - if a lead is too short later, I plug another in. May not suit the kind of folk that dont have more IEC leads around tho.

no. I find the 2 problems are:

  1. they overheat when something lands on them
  2. they fall out of sockets, especially upside down ones.

yes, more for computer accessories, ie speakers, scanners, printers, etc.

This thread reminds me there are many solutions, each with its own pros and cons. And all are better than stripping the wire back and taping them all together with no plugs or sockets, as is standard practice in some countries.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The other objection I have is durability - I much prefer those moulded plugs to rewirable ones. Mind you anything that reduces the volume of IEC leads in my storage crates would be a good thing.

  1. not much lands on them when they're upside-down :-)
  2. if any of mine fell out of a socket I'd regard that as a fault

Agreed.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Or perhaps a gold-plated flea on a stand for nit-pickers

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Peter Scott" saying something like:

With an old-fashioned polished brass surround magnifying glass mounted on a plinth next to it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sometime when

display

polishing,

mounted

Or perhaps a clockwork animation, like those that some cobblers have in their windows, a couple of men with hammers and chisels together with their company board - "Joe Bodgit & Son"!...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Cobblers? Chisels? Hmmm! So the word bodge means something you don't approve? Perhaps the Uxbridge English Dictionary for new meanings for old words??

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott