Well I got it apart eventually......

Once I found the screw hidden behind the timer knob. Now I have a pile of sheet metal a drum and a door on the garage floor held together with wiring looms. Oh yes, and a tin of screws. I've replaced the drum spindle and rear bearing and its holder. Just waiting for the new drive belt to arrive. But will I ever get it back together again? Anyone got assembly instructions? What for? A Creda tumble dryer of course!!

Reply to
hugh

Didn't you take photos/videos of the dissassembly process?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why do you need to do that? Can't you remember where things fit and screws go as you take something apart? Also it's very rare for something to completely reassemble with somethig in the wrong place, even if you have to back track a bit to correct the bit that is wrong.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

"refitting is a reversal of removal"

Reply to
Geo

However, with a Haynes manual, you can at least look back to see what the removal procedure is.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I find that varies, according to how long the gap between the two is. Sometimes parts can take weeks to arrive.

In one of my businesses used to video production procedures that we didn't set up very often (sometimes the setting time was so long that it justified making a year or two's stock in one go) as even written instructions were not always adequate.

More difficult is deciding where the bit you have left over at the end should have gone.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It reminds me of the Phillips VCR instructions I used to have on how to replace the lacing cord. Lots of pretty pictures, arros and screw numbers and little bits, all placed carefully aside and it came apart a dream. Then it said, take new chord and assemble in reverse order. Yerwot?

Just as well I did remember. I guess a lot of these daft mechanical things will be a thing of the past when they design the non moving parts washing machine....

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I admire hour confidence on the design of person proof assembly.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Don,t remind me. Many many years ago swmbo complained about a rattle coming= from her tumble dryer. True enough turning it by hand a rattle could be he= ard from the bearing in the centre of the back plate on the drum. Seeing no= other way I dismantled the whole bloody thing to get the drum out to then = discover that actually the small cover plate accessible from the inside wa= s actually removable. F**k it

And the rattle? Bloody hair clip had managed to find its way inside this co= ver.

And the there was the time I dismantled the entire cable winding mechanism = of an Electrolux vacuum trying to trace a wiring fault which was stopping t= he machine from running.

Transpired stupid wagon hadn't emptied the bag in such a long time the auto= stop mechanism had cut in.

Reply to
fred

I don't think Haynes do a tumble dryer manual.

Reply to
hugh

removal"

it might be out of print now. I can only find a Dishwasher one on the Haynes site.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I did once spend a week stepping over a disemboweled washing machine in the middle of the kitchen, waiting for a part...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've had the screws from the DVD player 'kept safe in a saucer' on the kitchen worktop for about a year or two now.

They'll probably stay there until someone chucks out a DVD player that will work with the cover on.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Try this place: