Well done that man

In message , ARW writes

I was up there last weekend, looking around Ducie Street, one side of the street has been demolished and the other is derelict and boarded up. A real shame, there is a lot that could be done there.

Some of the other streets off Grandby have been tidied up and even the empty houses spruced up on the outside.

Reply to
Bill

I visited a friend in Ash'n't'n about ten years ago and what they did there was demolish every second row of houses and move the road carriageway to give the remaining houses a frontage instead of opening directly onto the footpath:

jgh

Reply to
jgh

No doubt an improvement, but leaves the houses with an unusual "front at the back" aspect ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Been even better done if he did it all himself.

Reply to
harryagain

I was wondering what sort of state it was in to have £40k spent on it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That reminds me of one (I think Milton Jones) joke. There's a place between Murder and suicide, and it's called Merseyside

Reply to
whisky-dave