Well discovered under Plymouth living room

The wife doesn't look impressed...

gremlin_95

ARWadsworth

My Dad might have been in charge of the NCB operations end of things:-)

Actually the NCB records are very good. Did it fall down a vertical shaft or did if hit a seam that had been mined?

And what do kids do these days? We used to spend the summer holidays climbing down old mine shafts in Fall Woods. No chance now as they are all securely covered over. TBH they were covered over when we climbed down them but we borrowed my Dad's socket set and removed the covers.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ha, classic :)

Reply to
gremlin_95

They are not that secure. I bet I could get back down and cause no damage to the covers.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Kids these day s would remove the covers and sell them for scrap

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
Tim Streater

The NCB's records of the NCB are good, but records that had already been lost before 1948 didn't miraculously reappear by the power of collective ownership.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

A mate of mine was out in the Aussie goldfields near Calgoorlie (iirc) and it's reckoned the number of lost bodies down abandoned shafts in the middle of nowhere is impossible to estimate.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

  1. There you are its not impossible at all.

Now if you want an accurate figure...

Reply to
dennis

Reply to
geoff

In message , harry writes

Did you write a lonely planet guide for it?

Reply to
geoff

What, the lonely planet guide ?

Reply to